Monday, June 6, 2016

I kinda thought it was time for me to talk about December

and how I returned all your Christmas presents
and how I can't get my Polaroid camera to work now that you're not around
I never thought cameras were cool anyways

I went to my nana's and drank red Gatorade and I said to goodbye to my best friend

My dog and my Papa died on my 17th birthday and you didn't call

I had to wait for some manic spring

for my neighbors to mow their lawns

and you to get lonely

to even say my name

when those girls flew here from Layfayette, they were coming to take you awyay.

I think it's time I say that i'm writing this without hardly any emotion or sadness at all

I'm just in my childhood bedroom where you haven't been since Halloween

I don't miss you anymore.

for the record I don't care what any of you do uptown

so while you start to feel your world alone

just remember

I didn't stop by last week to see you.

My writing makes no sense because neither do you.

I want you to know I am not sorry.

and that you don't have to be either.

That my brain has changed so much that I don't remember loving you like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment