Friday, March 11, 2016

I have seen love before.
and I don't imagine her enough.

I've seen love standing next to the street, with a dog.

I've seen love standing in line at Baskin Robins, when I opened the door.

I have layed in my own bed next to someone my whole family trusted. I didn't really ever see Love there.

I thought i'd mention that I have a new bed now.

I think i'll meet love on July the fourth on a Salt City street. I'll be wearing marabou shoes and there will be a sparkler in my hand.

I know I saw love in the eyes of a small dog at the animal shelter once. I wish i'd adopted that dog, looking back.

I saw love there again, and I took her home to live with me and I call her Delores.

I've seen love at the dollar store, a man with cutoff camo sleeves I remember still.

It's times of empathy where I have seen Love.

Love is a patient lady.

I've had a heart that aches ever since I remember my parents taking me to Westwood elementary. and my dad talking to woman about how bad drivers from California are.

I remember feeling out of time since I was crying on the couch over something a blonde girl said. She wore a Grateful Dead sweater. I never knew how to reach her.

I have seen Love roll her eyes. I've watched her walk out of a candle lit room.

I saw love in a parking lot once. and I can tell you about a few boys who have liked me for my tenderness and my teary eyes.

I decide that Love isn't somewhere else. I am she. and I carry her wherever I go.

So should I set a date to see her, there she will appear.

I wanted to tell you that nobody is out of time.

and that I know now how to get someone to carry me up the stairs.

I haven't seen a lot of Love yet. But I will.

and that's where I will grow.

In rose gardens
or docks in south states
or other peoples guest room closets
There she and I will smile at one another.

1 comment:

  1. write forever and I will always read what you have to say. I love everything you say and YOU

    ReplyDelete