Sunday, January 17, 2016

Cloudbusting

I still dream of smoke. I wake up crying. You're making rain, And you're just in reach, When you and sleep escape me. You're like my yo-yo That glowed in the dark. What made it special Made it dangerous, So I bury it And forget. But every time it rains, You're here in my head, Like the sun coming out-- Ooh, I just know that something good is going to happen. And I don't know when, But just saying it could even make it happen. On top of the world, Looking over the edge, You could see them coming. I looked too small In that big, dark car, To be a threat to the men in power. I hid my yo-yo In the garden. I can't hide you From the government. Oh, God, Daddy-- I won't forget, 'Cause every time it rains, You're here in my head, Like the sun coming out-- Ooh, I just know that something good is going to happen. And I don't know when, But just saying it could even make it happen. The sun's coming out. Your son's coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment